Monday, April 19, 2010

Las Vegas Highland Festival

Jeremy won some free tickets to the Las Vegas Highland Festival on Twitter.  We met his boss and family there( I was excited to have Heathers company) and enjoyed ourselves in the heat and amongst all the bag piper music that rang all around us.  If I would have been thinking about it instead of starving I would have taken pictures of every-bodies good eats~there was bangers & mash, haggis, and meat pie(all a bit Americanized but good none the less).  
We didn't get to see the athletes throw any cabers but the kids got to try:


Here is Cameron in action...he was LOVING it he kept wanting to try.
Terrilyn gave it a try but it hit her arm when she tried to toss it and she cried.


Hannah gave it a try.
I love this action shot of Emily she too got it in the arm.



They had a tug of war rope for the kids...love Hannah's face (other rope was Terrilyn, Emily and then Cameron)


There were some people dressed in time period clothes (I think they were crazy it was getting so hot I think it made it into the 90's)



The location of the games had peacocks everywhere.  The ones in the trees were way high above our heads.  I was surprised how blue they were the ones I remember at the Denver Zoo growing up weren't nearly as beautifully colored.


Cameron tried on this real piece of chain mail (he is looking over at Hannah maybe worried about what she thinks? ;-) it was really heavy.


Ok, even looking at this now I cant help but giggle a bit.  Who knew that cowboys wore kilts?  or that a Scotsman wears a cowboy hat?


Jeremy is always looking for a reason to wear his skirt...oh I mean his kilt.  (he did leave his blouse at home it would have been to hot to wear it he said and had to leave his purse..oh man did it again I mean his sporin(it needs a longer belt)) horrible picture of me but shows the kilt



Here are most of the kids Terrilyn, Emily, Hannah, Cameron and Hailey in the back(baby Gage asleep in the stroller and my younger too were cranky and beyond cooperation)  Hannah and Cameron went around collecting sticks all morning.

Thoming family Heather, Mike, Hannah, Hailey and Emily

2 comments:

Anne-Elizabeth said...

That looks like sooooo much fun! Glad Jeremy got to wear his kilt/skirt ;) Cute family picture of you guys.

BoyMaker said...

Nice white trash visor there Jeremy --- you guys moving to a trailer park soon?!