Saturday, April 10, 2010

Alexander's Birthday

Well its official Alexander has turned 3 years old!!!!
He has been obsessed with Lightning McQueen cars(not so much the movie but we have 2 or more of the red McQueen and 2 or more of the Dinoco(blue) McQueen die cast cars.  So he wanted a McQueen cake (this was the third McQueen cake of my career thus far Cameron has had a red and Dinoco blue).
Talk about a crazy day.  First thing I had to do was get his cake in the oven because the car cake pan takes what I thought was a little over an hour(when in fact it turned out to be more like an hour an a half(does a gas oven cook different from electric?)) before we headed out the door to his 3 year Dr's check up.  I didn't realize that he was behind in his shots and he had to get 2 in the leg and it turned out he was coming down with the dreaded pink eye(thank you Cameron)luckily not bad yet, so he was also given a prescription for eye drops.
A couple of weeks before his birthday his buddy Jack had his birthday and had us over for cake and ice cream(where all things were McQueen) and ever since then he has talked about having Jack over for his birthday.  So I was hurrying home(dr's took awhile and while we were there Jeremy had called me telling me Chewy had gotten out(now we know he knows how to use the doggy door)so I needed to get home and make sure he was alright but I also needed to get a perscription filled and gas in the car so we could leave for Utah in the morning and get packed and did I mention house was a disaster)  Got home and fed everybody lunch and made the frosting and colored it and put it into my frosting bags only to find out that the thing that holds the tips on is cracked...uggggghhhhhhh.   So I ended up frosting it without using my tips and just cut off the corners of ziploc baggies(wasn't too bad just not what I am used to).  I have to say that the cake turned out pretty good.  Alexander LOVED it and really that's all that matters right.  His buddy Jack showed up and he played with him for a bit(felt bad for the poor guy he was limping from the shots).  But he had a good birthday, he got a Mac truck that holds all his McQueen cars(he has been eyeing this for a while), some Sesame Street Legos and some file folder activities for sacrament(thank you!! Amber and Jack).  Enjoy the pictures  :-)
 




 Love this guys hair!

No comments: