Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Binky Baby

Alexander loves his pacifier, way more than the other two did. Cameron gave his up all on his own sometime after nine months. Terrilyn lost hers a couple of months before Alexander was born and didn't seem to mind. Alex not so much as an infant he hated the hard ones they give them in the hospital he would only go for the round Gerber ones that moved in and out. Cameron put a hole in one and then Alexander lost the other one I wasn't going to worry to much about it because it was about the same time the others gave them up. (and as weird as this sounds I wanted it gone before we went to see my parents in England) Well then he started going for the thumb which is the whole reason he became a binky baby to begin with. Then he found the couple of the hard plastic ones from the hospital. I have been trying to only give it to him in the crib. Then Jeremy left and I can barely make it through a Sacrament meeting by myself with out shoving it in his mouth to keep him quiet. Then everyone keeps telling me that if he would still use it it would make the plane ride to England easier...so needless to say I am at a loss as what to do and at the mercy of a binky.

1 comment:

Dena said...

I feel your pain! Ally and I both love binkies too much. I totally use them to try and keep her quiet. It seems that rather than getting less attached, she's getting more attached. I think it has some to do w/ her teething, but that is only part. I've cut the tips off the binkies when my kids were about 2, and really didn't have any problems. Hopefully we won't have any problems this time either. I always worry though.
Alexander will probably be happier flying w/ a binky, especially since the sucking will help to keep his ears from plugging up.