Friday, August 22, 2008

Jeremy in Alaska!!! Crazy!!


Yes you all have read that clearly Jeremy is in Alaska until sometime in October when the snow hits and they can't work anymore. That leaves me all by myself and hopefully staying sane with three kids and a dog. He is in a little town called Northway on the Canada/Alaska border(see the red dot on map above). What is he doing you ask I'm not sure I really understand it myself but I will try to explain it the best I can. There was a runway built there during WWII and it has been damaged by an earthquake and age so it is being repaved. His job is to make sure that those that are laying the concrete have the correct mixture blah blah blah and that the density of the soil is right. (I think). He isn't doing the physical work of laying it just watching and testing. Hopefully he doesn't come home as a popsicle and we here will all be in one piece.

1 comment:

Dena said...

Seriously - if you ever need a break, call me!!!!