Sunday, February 10, 2008

OK, so I have been living here for the last 4 years and I have never seen these mysterious creatures because they are usual out at the butt crack of dawn (at which time is when Jeremy and Dad have seen them on their way into work) or late evening and after a major rain shower. But low and behold this last Saturday at around noon as I am cleaning up my bush trimming mess Terriyln spots 2 of them calling them puppies. They walked right in front of the house and almost into the open garage and then continued walking on down the road. They are ugly and bigger than I expected they would eat poor Chewy dog alive. The kids however enjoyed watching them walk on down to the park where they napped in the shade.

4 comments:

aubreyannie said...

ew. what are they?

The Lemon Family said...

there almost like hairy pigs...maybe like timone on lion king...i dont know they just yucky

Dena said...

I have only seen javalinas at night while I was driving and not right around my house! Jacob's class saw a bunch when they were at recess a few weeks ago. They came out of a tunnel in the wash by the school playground and walked across the Safeway parking lot. Crazy!

Mikelle said...

Oh my gosh, I would have died!! I thought our rattlesnake in the backyard was bad!