Monday, August 8, 2011

The Greatest Show on Earth 6-19-2011

The library offered free tickets for the kids if they read 5 books in the month.  Heck ya free tickets. The problem, the weekend that the Ringling Brothers Barnum and Baily's Circus was in town was a travel weekend for Jeremy :(  I wanted to have another adult with me so that any trips to the bathroom I didn't have to lugg everyone around with me.  Any babysitter I would ask to go was out of town.  But hey it was the weekend of Father's Day just maybe Grandad would drive to Vegas for the weekend to go the circus. Called him up and it was also his off Friday week. SCORE!!  So I went to go buy the tickets and some guy had had an extra free adult ticket coupon that he left so to buy 4 kids tickets and 3 adult tickets it only cost me $42.  I was so excited. We had a great time Alex wasn't so sure when they turned out the lights and spent most of the time on mom's lap but the others were enthralled the whole time.  I spent more money getting everyone a snow cone then I did on our tickets.  Mom's birthday was after they left and the kids wanted to make her a special b-day dinner, Cameron called and asked her what she wanted, lasagna so I made lasagna from scratch and I tried to find her a coconut something cake and we settled on a red velvet thing from Fresh & Easy that was DELICIOUS!!  I thought I was taking a picture of her blowing out her candles and the camera was on video(I cant figure out how to download the video now)but the kids really wanted her to have candles.

1 comment:

Heather C. said...

I wonder what happened to the pictures on here (or was it video?). All I see are black squares with white triangles and exclamation marks.
Sounds super fun. My kids have never been to a circus.