Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day of School

YEAH!!! School has started. The kids' first day was on Monday. Cameron started 2nd grade and Terrilyn Kindergarten. This year we decided to put the kids in a Charter Montessori school, I am really excited to watch the year unfold. So far so good the kids are liking things. Terrilyn is in half day kinder(please hear the heavy sigh as I typed this, they have all day for an extra $300 a month CRAZY) the last 2 days that I have picked her up and she has been devastated and near tears. "Mom you didn't pack my lunch"(those that stay all day start eating their lunches as the others are leaving) or "Mom the teachers are so mean they wont let me stay" Breaks my heart but what do you do. Luckily I have found a couple of other moms to help carpool so I don't have to make so many trips to the school. It is about 13 miles from the house and with the half day kinder that's 3 trips in a day. Alexander is sad that he doesn't have school to go to, when we drop Terrilyn off he is ready to be left at school as well. More to come but I think somehow I might have volunteered myself for the PTO as treasurer.

2 comments:

aubreyannie said...

i have heard the same thing from my friend's about half day kindergarten. it's like they really WANT you to put your kid in full day so they make all the fun stuff happen in the afternoon after the half days have to leave.

aubreyannie said...

p.s. in response to your question before about cork flooring..no, we hadn't done much research about cork flooring but have heard great thing about it!