Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Voting Wisdom from a Kindergartner

Last night we were in the car driving home and Cameron precedes to discuss who we can and can't talk to about our vote.
Cameron: "Mom, I can tell who I vote for because your my mom your my family, I can't tell my friends who I voted for"
Me: "What are you talking about?"
Cameron: "Mom I learned this in school from my teacher she taught us this after we voted today"
Me: "Oh, well yes you can tell me who you voted for, so who are you going to be voting for?"
Cameron: "Mom, can I vote for George Washington? That's who I'm voting for."
Me: laughing "Honey no you can't vote for George Washington he has already been the president and he is dead."
Come to find out that they had let the kids do a mock voting on the computers at school and his teacher must have gotten tired of the bickering that was happening between the students about who they were voting for. Seriously I had no idea that kindergartners were so outspoken with there political views.

I promise that when I get a chance I will upload my pictures from Tombstone and Halloween...they are coming :)

2 comments:

Jennica said...

That's so funny. One of my high school students was wearing a Obama shirt and a preschool student saw it and said, "That's Rock-o-Bama and he is going to win the elecetion." Seriously, who knew that a preschooler knew so much about political goings on....

Tara H. said...

That is hilarious. Will's school did the mock voting thing too. I am glad they are talking to the kids to early about voting, after all it's pretty important, and we don't really talk about it, so they have to get it from somewhere. :) Just kidding, we try to talk about it, at least a little.
xoxo